Blogs prayer and word
Live a Life of Prayer
Hello everyone! Now that I’ve spent the last and a half week with my brother Matias, just the two of us, I can say that now I truly understand moms! It’s not an easy task!
But it was nice to see how the time I spent with him really changed our relationship; now he never wants to leave me - he cries when I leave!
And then that’s when God spoke to my heart - the more time you spend with someone the more you want to be with them. God has given us a way of communicating with and being with him - and that is called prayer.
Prayer is not a ritual or anything at all like that. Prayer is having a relationship with God, spending time with him and becoming his friend.
I was listening to a message the other day and what the pastor was saying impacted me. He said: “Why do you think in the moment of the transfiguration only Elijah and Moses were the ones who appeared with Jesus?”
We read about a lot of people in the Bible, but why were only Elijah and Moses the chosen ones? The answer is reflected in their life of prayer.
If we look back at the Bible we can see that the two people who spent the most time on the mountain of God were Elijah and Moses - the ones who lived a life of prayer!
They didn’t get on with their everyday lives and pray once in a while. They made prayer their life. In other words they put their relationship with God at the center of their lives.
Is God really at the center of your life? You may say it with words but do your actions reflect that? I was challenged as well! But I determined in myself to change and follow Elijah and Moses’ example by putting God at the center of my life, by living a life of prayer.
I encourage you to grow in God through prayer; there is a verse that I was reading in Isaiah 65:24 that says: “Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.”
My friends, God is waiting for your prayer!
- Dear Pastor Richard Witmer Thank you for sharing. ...
- Amen! This is so great pastor! One, we are giving ...
- That's true
- THANK YOU FOR BEING SO AVAILABLE FOR US
- God's understanding is so great making me experien...
- leadership (25 POST_PLURAL)
- family (11 POST_PLURAL)
- creativity (7 POST_PLURAL)
- cellgroups (1 POST_SINGULAR)
- devotional (6 POST_PLURAL)
- prayer and word (15 POST_PLURAL)
- politics & government (9 POST_PLURAL)
- church (9 POST_PLURAL)
- Ladder of success (4 POST_PLURAL)
- Discipulado / Discipleship (2 POST_PLURAL)
- El Reino / The Kingdom (2 POST_PLURAL)
- Culture (3 POST_PLURAL)